Nowadays software development is a challenging task as the number of programming languages, frameworks, libraries are increasing rapidly day by day. Luckily, the number of resources to learn on the internet for free also increased a lot. There are a ton of free resources to learn almost everything on the internet. There are lots of official documentation, blog posts, Udemy courses, YouTube videos etc.
As a backend developer who primarily work on JVM based languages/frameworks like Java, Kotlin, SpringBoot etc, following are a collection of resources I usually follow to learn new things. Thought of sharing with you, it could be helpful for you too.
- If you like reading lengthy in-depth articles, then https://www.marcobehler.com/ by Marco Behler is the place to go.
- SpringAcademy YouTube Channel by Maciej Walkowiak
- For high quality Spring content go to https://reflectoring.io/ by Tom Hombergs
- Another nice blog to learn Spring is https://rieckpil.de/ by Philip Riecks and his YouTube Channel
- If you want to lean SpringBoot, SpringCloud and Kubernetes then https://piotrminkowski.com/ by Piotr Mińkowski and his YouTube Channel
- There is nothing you can’t find about SpringBoot on HowToDoInJava by Lokesh Gupta
- Of course https://www.baeldung.com/ by Eugen
- Another interesting blog https://shekhargulati.com/ by Shekhar Gulati. Don’t miss his “A Handcrafted Monthly Newsletter For Software Developers” series.
- SpringFramework Guru by spring_guru and his YouTube Channel
- Dan Vega by therealdanvega and his YouTube Channel
- In28minutes by Ranga Karanam
- JavaGuides by Ramesh Fadatare
- http://dhaval-shah.com/ by Dhaval Shah
- https://deepu.tech/ by Deepu K Sasidharan
- JavaRevisited by Javinpaul
- This blog https://www.petrikainulainen.net/blog/ was my go to reference by Petri Kainulainen. I guess he is busy with other interesting things in life lately :-).
- Telusko YouTube Channel
- IntelliJ IDEA YouTube Channel
SQL, JPA, Hibernate, JOOQ
- https://vladmihalcea.com/ by Vlad Mihalcea
- https://thorben-janssen.com/ by Thorben Janssen and his YouTube Channel
- Anghel Leonard articles on DZone https://dzone.com/users/196910/anghelleonard.html
- JOOQ Blog by Lukas Eder
- Traversy Media
- Programming with Mosh
- Fun Fun Function
- The Net Ninja
- Stack Simplify DevOps
- Agent of Change
- KnowledgeIndia AWS Azure Tutorials
I am sure I might have missed many other wonderful blogs that I haven’t come across. Please comment if you know any other cool blogs :-)